Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Living In A Dream World



Traveling the World with Christie Cruise and Travel Masters
Alison Christie

Living in a dream world...

So what do dreams and travel have in common? Plenty, if you are me. I have the most fantastic dreams. I dream every night, several different dreams, and they have the most magnificent, twisting plots. The dreams are very real with vibrant colors and they seem like they last a long time. Maybe not, though. I wake up several times a night so that is why I think I remember my dreams so easily. And luckily, I don't have nightmares. Occasionally, I have a sad dream but even that is rare. And sometimes they are so far-fetched that I just have to tell someone about the dream. Hence: My dream last night...

The dream began with me and a group of friends (no one that I knew except 2 childhood friends) being in an airport. My friend had concocted an elaborate scheme to get all of us to a Caribbean resort where we would be the only people there. Can you image being one of 20 or so people at a resort and having every whim and desire catered to by multiple staff? Or having the entire pool to ourselves without seeing lounge chairs with towels draped over them but no guests in the chair or in the pool (I hate that!! - people who go out early before breakfast, pick the best sports, and then don't show up for hours)? But, It took an ingenious plan to make this all happen. Which is why my dream started in the airport. My friend was busy making different signs for all the different passengers on our flight. It was a charter flight, such as the ones you get when you book a Vacation Express or Apple Vacations trip. My friend, let's call her Mary, was grabbing would-be passengers on our charter flight before they got to the gate and told them they were on a different plane. Time and time again she was successful until she finally diverted the last passenger to other planes. Then the group of us rushed the tarmac and got on our plane. We had to fly low to get to our destination so we wouldn't be picked up by the radar. Of course, I had my Yorkie dog Breck with me and no one made me put her under the seat in front of me for take-off and landing. I remember being very happy about that in my dream. After arriving at our beautiful Caribbean destination, we were in shock to find our that not only were there no other vacationers, there were no other employees! No one to fix our fruity drinks with umbrellas in them! No one to fix our delicious dinners! No one to cater to my every need! What a disaster! And to make matters worse, I didn't pack enough clothes. I had nothing cute to wear. We were planning a great party on the beach and I spent half of the party continuing to search my suitcase for something to wear. I eventually gave up and went to the party with what I had on. Just as I was getting ready to dance around the campfire, I heard this scratching noise. I kept hearing it, trying to zero in on what could be causing that noise. Finally, I figured out what the scratching noise was. It was my cat Starfire, scratching on my window to be let in the house. He woke me up from my dream prematurely. I am just wondering how my mind would have ended this dream. I have this feeling that there was quite a bit more to this elaborate dream. Hopefully, a suitcase of clothes was going to show up so my private vacation wasn't a bust. 

As always, safe travels and Godspeed.
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romantic vacations

Romantic vacations I have recently written about couples only resorts and highlighted the most popular of them all - Sandals Resorts.  Ther...